Canada has become one of the destinations to which many immigrants go who wish to migrate in search of new job opportunities or to have new life options with better economic income.
Canada is one of the countries with the best reputation in the world and one of the best places to live. It is no wonder that many immigrants especially students choose the country to study. An even greater advantage is the possibility of working in the country.
According to Statistics Canada, the average wage for Canadian employees is currently $952 CAD per week, or just under $50,000 a year. Most of the jobs on this high-paying list pay at least three times as much (and the lowest-paying occupations pay less than half the average).
In this post, Air Sprint Logistics tells you the how much you can make working in canada and and most in-demand jobs in the country. Check out!
What are the most in-demand jobs in Canada?
According to a report by Randstad Canada, Canadian companies have embraced remote and hybrid work following the COVID-19 pandemic.
This is expected to continue even when protection measures are reduced. In that sense, the jobs with the highest demand in the North American country are:
- Account manager or account executive: his ability to establish business relationships and close deals make this job one of the most in-demand in Canada, as companies in this country seek to retain or increase their clients.
- Developer: The transition from face-to-face to remote work in the wake of the pandemic has forced many companies to require the services of developers to obtain solutions and implement new technologies.
- Marketing manager: According to Ranstad Canada, at least 19,000 marketing manager positions are expected to be created in the North American country.
- Registered Nurse – Registered nurses have many job opportunities and earn an average of $38.14, at the moment.
- Driver: this is one of the jobs with the highest demand, because it is essential for the transport of raw materials, consumer goods and people.
- Customer Service Representative: Companies have found that consumers require people to guide them or be willing to help them. Therefore, more and more companies are increasing their staff to develop this function.
- Welder: It is expected that by 2028 there will be at least 23,000 soldier positions throughout the Canadian territory, according to Randstad Canada.
- Engineer: Engineers are another of the professionals who have the most job opportunities in Canada, since this country requires their knowledge to promote the construction industry. Thus, this nation is choosing to hire qualified engineers from foreign countries.
- Accountant: Companies are increasingly protecting their finances, which is why the demand for accountants has increased in recent years.
- Cloud architect or cloud architect: these are people who have the ability to manage and organize the cloud computing structure of a company or company. This technology provides remote access to different software over the Internet.
What are the highest paying jobs in Canada?
Of the different jobs that exist in Canada , there are nine that stand out for having the highest salaries in the entire country, according to the Canadian Occupational Safety portal . These jobs require, for the most part, that people have completed professional studies.
- Physicians: between US$236,000 and US$676,000 per year.
- Lawyers: US$ 302.00 per year.
- Judges: US$198,000 and US$568.00 per year.
- Marketing Directors: $250,000 per year
- Executive directors: $250,000 a year
- Finance directors: $250,000 a year
- Pilots: US$178,000 a year.
- Vice presidents of companies: US$ 126.00 per year.
- Data scientists: $200,000 a year.
The best cities to find a job in Canada
In some cities of this country there are more employment opportunities that allow Canadian citizens and people from abroad to earn income in a short time. According to the Canadian Visa organization, which provides reliable information in this regard, these are the places in the North American country with the most job options:
- Vancouver, British Columbia: The city’s average annual salary is $65,616.
- Hamilton, Ontario: The city’s average annual salary is $36,075.
- Edmonton, Alberta: The city’s average annual salary is $55,253.
- Victoria, British Columbia: The city’s average annual salary is $39,000.
- Calgary, Alberta: The city’s average annual salary is $50,200.
How to work in Canada if I am a foreigner?
If you are a foreign citizen and wish to work in Canada, you must obtain a work permit. There are two that are the main ones, which are open work and employer specific.
- Open work permit: allows you to work in any job and in any Canadian city. This can be obtained through the International Mobility Program.
- Employer-specific work permit: establishes conditions that must be respected and includes the limitation of work in a job and a position. In this case, it can be accessed through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP).
How is the experience of living and working in Canada?
Jobs in Canada are very varied for foreign people. But what is it like to work in this North American country? For you to know more details about this experience, we show you the following video in which the youtuber Ale tells what it is like to work in the Canadian nation.
What trades are most in demand in Canada?
People without higher education also have job opportunities in Canada. Of all the jobs, there are some trades that have the most positions present. Some of them are:
- ventilation technicians
- general contractor
How to obtain a work permit for Canada?
To obtain this permit and work in Canada, the interested person must have a job offer, as well as a contract and a copy of the Labor Market Impact Assessment document (EIMT) and its respective number. It should be noted that there are some jobs that do not require the worker to have an impact assessment in the labor field.
Pages to search for jobs in Canada
If you are looking for jobs in Canada, the following four pages provide reliable information and a wide variety of job opportunities.
What are the cheapest places to live in Canada?
If you plan to live in Canada, you should also take into account what the cost of living in the North American country is. For this reason, we detail which are the cheapest Canadian cities, according to Expatistan.
- Moncton, New Brunswick
- Thunder Bay, Ont.
- Kitchner-Waterloo, Ont.
- Quebec City, Quebec
- Abbotsford, BC
What is the Express Entry program to work in Canada?
Canada’s Express Entry program helps local companies to hire foreign workers in order to grant them permanent residence in the North American country. Applicants must demonstrate their language skills, training and experience. In this way, and based on their results, they can apply to the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Canadian Experience Class or the Federal Skilled Trades Program.
What is the Federal Skilled Worker Program and how to apply?
The Federal Skilled Worker Program helps foreigners with higher education enter the country to pursue a career in high demand. For this, you must have at least one year of work experience, among other requirements. Do you want to know more about it? In the following video you will be able to discover in detail the steps to follow.
What is the Canadian Experience Class and how to apply?
The Canadian Experience Class program that can be accessed by foreigners who are working in the Canadian country and wish to access permanent residence. For this, it is necessary to meet certain requirements, such as having worked for at least 12 months in Canada full time, among other aspects. Find out below what other documents are necessary for this benefit.
What is the Federal Skilled Trades Program?
The Federal Skilled Trades Program is another opportunity for skilled foreign workers to obtain permanent residence in Canada. However, different from the Canadian Experience Class, it is essential to meet another series of requirements, such as having 2 years full-time in a qualified trade, as well as mastering the required language.
Top tips for working in Canada
If you are looking for a job in Canada, you must take into account some things so that you can access one of the jobs in the North American country in a short time. Pay attention to the following recommendations.
- Master the language.
- Obtain a visa to work in Canada.
- Learn about the jobs that are most in demand in Canada.
How much money do I need to immigrate to Canada?
These are the amounts required to emigrate to Canada, according to information from the specialized portal GrowPro Experience:
- Students: $917 CAD for each month of study in Canada.
- Workers traveling on the Working Holiday visa: $2,500 CAD to cover start-up expenses.
- Residency applicants: CAD $12,960. If they travel with company, the amount increases.
As of April 29, 2022, one Canadian dollar (CAD) is equivalent to 2.99 Peruvian soles.